Reach your goals faster with a Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA).
A TFSA will help you save money for short and long-term goals.
Because it’s tax-free, you pay no taxes on the interest or investment income earned.
Enjoy the benefits of a TFSA:
- Grow your money – Because your TFSA is tax free, your earnings will be tax sheltered.
- Use it for short and long-term goals – You don’t have to repay a TFSA withdrawal.
- Carry over withdrawals – Any withdrawal you make adds extra contribution room the following year.
- It can hold a number of investments – Term deposits, mutual funds and stocks included.
- Contribute for as long as you have contribution room – Unlike the RRSP, the TFSA contribution limit is not tied to your income or age, so you can contribute to your TFSA for as long as you have contribution room. Any individual that is a resident of Canada, 18 years of age or older, and has a valid SIN is eligible to open a TFSA.
- Unused contribution room can be carried to future years. Contribution amounts are set annually by the federal government.
A cashable tax free investment with a competitive variable interest rate. This investment allows you to deposit or redeem at any time. A Variable TFSA is a flexible option that will provide the tax savings and the accessibility you need.
1 – 60 MONTH FIXED TFSA
A non-redeemable tax free savings account with a competitive rate that is locked in for a fixed period. Choose a long term or short term period, whichever suits your needs.
MUTUAL FUND TFSA*
Mutual funds are a popular way to invest because you can choose your own style of investing – aggressive or conservative, local or foreign, short term or long term.
Unity Credit Union has access to a wide variety of mutual funds options, which combine the benefits of diversification and professional asset managment with affordability.
*Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual funds investments.
Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
CU BONUS BUILDER® TFSA
A 5-year non-redeemable tax free investment with an escalating interest rate. It is available from January 15 until March 1 of each year. The escalating interest rate allows you to take advantage of increased rates and because the funds are locked in, you know what your growth will be.
INDEX LINKED TFSA
A tax free non-redeemable investment with the potential of growth like a stock market investment, while still maintaining the security of a term deposit. This product offers returns based on the performance of individual stocks within an equity basket. The rate of return is linked to the average monthly performance of the product offering and is paid at the end of the term.
BROKERED TFSA INVESTMENT**
A wide selection of stocks and bonds are available in the form of publicly traded stocks on the Canadian and U.S. stock exchanges, as well as government and corporate bonds, income trusts, and preferred shares.
To discuss your options, contact our Credential Securities Investment Advisor.
**Mutual funds and other securities are offered through Credential Securities, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. Credential Securities is a registered mark owned by Aviso Wealth Inc.