Legal & Policies
Legal & Policies
At Unity Credit Union, we are committed to ensuring our members'
information is safe, secure, and confidential.
Please review our policies and legal information below.
Electronic Services Agreement
The Electronic Services Agreement contains the terms that apply to your access and use of our electronic services, and applies to all members who use our Unity Credit Union Online Banking or Mobile App. You will be required to accept this agreement the first time you login to either service. Please carefully read this entire Agreement before you use the Services. Each time you access or use the Services, you confirm your acceptance of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
Terms and Conditions for Financial Services
The Terms and Conditions for Financial Services apply to and govern the operation of your Personal and Business Accounts. They contain important information about your account(s), as well as member and credit union responsibility and liability information.
To read the Terms and Conditions, please click below:
Permission and activities required to use our Unity Credit Union Mobile App:
- “Access Camera” permission is used by the app to deposit a cheque via mobile deposit capture, store a custom profile picture and background.
- “Access Location” permission is used by the app to accurately locate the nearest ATM or branch in the “Find Us” feature.
- “Call Permission” is used to automatically call the user’s preferred branch by tapping on the phone number in the “Find Us” feature.
- “Contact List” permission is used to set up new Interac e-Transfer® contacts and send an Interac e-Transfer®. Only the device contact information a user confirms is readable by Interac.
- “Internal Storage” permission is required to view, share and download PDF files from the mobile app to a user’s device.
- “App Activities” uses mobile app interaction data for analytics on usage and crash information for the current app version. We also monitor application stability using the crash logs to make ongoing improvements. Data collected on app activities, information and performance is completely anonymous and aggregated – individual users are not identifiable.
Protecting Your Privacy
Your Privacy is Important to Us
Unity Credit Union has a long history of respecting the privacy of our members. We are committed to developing policies, procedures and service offerings that address privacy concerns. We continue to protect your privacy and your right to control the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We have procedures in place which guide our employees and directors in maintaining confidentiality. What has been our ongoing business practice has now become our documented Service Commitment.
Unity Credit Union has adopted the:
- Credit Union Code for the Protection of Personal Information and established related Policies and Procedures, and
- Appointed a Risk and Compliance Officer.
Please refer to our Privacy Code to learn about our commitment to your privacy.
Online Banking makes managing your finances easy and convenient. However, there are measures you should take, and best practices you should follow, whenever you go online to access your accounts. Because your online security is our priority, we have compiled suggestions and tips for safe browsing to help you avoid falling victim to Internet threats.
Copyright and Trademarks
Unity Credit Union does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or document on the Unity Credit Union website and may make changes to the information on this website, or to the products and services described in them, at any time without notice. Unity Credit Union makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. Unity Credit Union recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software to protect yourself from such items. Please be advised that the information on the Unity Credit Union website is subject to change without notice.
- ®Apple Pay, iPhone, Apple Watch, Face ID and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- ® ACCULINK is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®CIRRUS is a registered trademark owned by Cirrus Systems Inc. and is used under license.
- ®The Collabria Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
- The Collabria Visa Card is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Visa. *Trademark of Visa Int., used under license.
- ®Collabria trademark is Collabria Financial Services' property.
- ®CU BONUS BUILDER is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®CU CREDIT is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®CU TAKE TEN is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®DING FREE & Design are registered trade-marks of Central 1 Credit Union, used under license.
- Deposit Anywhere™ is a trademark of Central 1 Credit Union and used under license.
- epost™ - Trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
- ®FAT CAT is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ™GLOBE IN HANDS Design is a certification mark owned by the World Council of Credit Unions, used under license.
- ™Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC.
- ®HANDS & GLOBE Design is a registered certification mark owned by the World Council of Credit Unions and is used under license.
- ®HEADSTART is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®INTERAC is a registered trademark owned by Interac Inc. and is used under license.
- ®Lock’N’Block is a registered trademark of Everlink Payment Services Inc.
- ®MAESTRO is a registered trademark owned by Maestro International Inc. and is used under licence.
- ®MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and are used under license.
- ®MemberDirect and Design are registered trademarks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and are used under license.
- ®PLAN 24 is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
- ®STUDENTCHOICE is a registered trademark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and is used under license.
We support a variety of Internet browsers, however, we recommend using the most recent version of Google Chrome for the best user experience. If you are not using one of the supported versions of Internet browsers, your experience may not optimal.
Developing and fostering long-term relationships is the foundation of our commitment to service. The credit union and our employees have always been committed to delivering a high quality of service to members and customers. Our Market Code builds on this commitment by identifying the standards we embrace as an organization, the way we conduct ourselves and how we will continue to treat you as we work to maintain your trust, while living out our co-operative values.
Naturally, we hope you are happy with the service we provide. However, we know that things can sometimes go wrong. As part of the Market Code, we have implemented a formal complaint handling process to deal with these situations. If you have a concern or a complaint about the service we provide or the product lines we offer, we want to hear from you. If we get things wrong – it is important that you tell us so we can try to make matters right. This also helps us to improve our service in the future.
Statement of Commitment: Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
To read the Codes, please click below: